Sunday, February 19, 2012

Long O: Oa, Ow (Reading Street Unit 4, Week 3) with FREEBIE!

 

My kiddos are on Unit 4, Week 3 of our Reading Street Series. We are learning the Long O sound made by oa and ow. This is a cute little practice that I created for my students. I will introduce this during reading groups on Tuesday and then place it in our Word Work Station for practice. I find that my students work well when they are able to have extra practice with a skill. Click the picture above to download a FREEBIE (Adjective Boat). The idea for the adjective boat came from http://theinspiredapple.blogspot.com/search?q=oa%2C+ow. Please check out my activity on TPT!!

Also, here are some videos that I plan on using to introduce the concept:
Starfall

Oa Song

OA- Electric Company

Extra Practice for Two Vowels- Smartboard

Cute Poem to Reinforce oa


Please follow my blog! I am new to blogging, but I am learning and I will be creating many more items. Thank you!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway. I am a new follower of your blog.

    Tricia
    Queen with Class

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I am happy to have you! I am just starting, but have great things to come :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing all of this...I am loving your blog! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to have you as a follower. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog and you are one of my inspirations :)

      Delete